[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Last Call for Papers for IFLA Program Multicultural Libraries - Inspiring, Surprising and Empowering your Communities
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:05:11 +0000 (GMT)
- From: Simona-Marilena BURSASIU <simona_bursasiu@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Last Call for Papers for IFLA Program Multicultural Libraries - Inspiring, Surprising and Empowering your Communities
Multicultural Libraries - Inspiring, Surprising and Empowering your Communities
The IFLA Library Services to Multicultural Populations Section invites
proposals for papers to be presented at a two-hour session in the next IFLA
General Conference on August 2012 in Helsinki, Finland.
Advocating for multicultural libraries which are open and provide free access
to information and library services to all members of the community still
remains an important issue for the library community. While some countries have
found success in providing access and welcome minority linguistic and cultural
groups to the library, some areas of the world need help with advocating,
developing and sustaining these initiatives. This session will further the
awareness of the importance of the multicultural library offering examples of
new multicultural library initiatives as well as promote the need and the steps
to achieve multicultural library services.
Subjects of interest include
* Multicultural library service provision and service development
* Multicultural library staff recruitment strategies
* Promotion of services to culturally diverse groups
* Promotion of services to politicians and decision makers
* Best practices and knowledge sharing in providing multicultural
Proposals should include
* Title of presentation
* Abstract of no more than 500 words in English, French, German or
* Name, e-mail address, position (title) of presenter(s), plus a brief
* Presenter(s) employed or affiliated institution
Important dates and timelines
Please send your proposal for papers no later than 15 February 2012 to both:
E-mail: susana.alegre@xxxxxx and to
The proposals will be evaluated by the Program Committee members of IFLA
Library Services to Multicultural Populations Section and the notification of
acceptance will be sent by March 15, 2012.
The presenters selected for the program at the Helsinki conference will be
asked to submit a formal paper (for inclusion on the IFLA conference website)
no later than May 1, 2012.
If full papers are written in any IFLA language other than English they should
include an abstract in English as well.
Both abstracts and full papers should be submitted as a MS World file by
e-mail. Proposed papers must be original and not have been published elsewhere.
All proposals must be in before 15 February 2012.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation
etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support
can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation can be issued to authors.
Congress Attendance Grants
The Finnish National Committee and IFLA have worked hard to secure funds for
Conference Participation Grants. Up-to-date information is available on
ourConference Participation Grants webpage.
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.