[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Stellenangebot: Librarian and Academic Services Specialist, Full-time, Bard College Berlin
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 11:41:13 +0100
- From: Bard College Berlin Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Stellenangebot: Librarian and Academic Services Specialist, Full-time, Bard College Berlin
Bard College Berlin, A Liberal Arts University invites applications for a
Librarian and Academic Services Specialist
to manage, organize and maintain the college’s expanding collection of
books and visual media, to oversee library operations and services, to
provide support to faculty and students with the use of information
resources, and to develop and implement activities meant to aid students
with learning and research.
Bard College Berlin is an accredited liberal arts college in the north of
Berlin offering interdisciplinary programs in the humanities and social
sciences. Students from all over the world attend the college’s BA,
exchange and one-year programs. The language of instruction and
communication at the college is English. The Berlin campus is integrally
connected to Bard College, a leading American liberal arts college which
has its main campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York.
- Oversight and coordination of library services, including: preparation of
course readers, photocopies, reserve collections and lending for college
courses; overseeing proper use of the library and reading room;
acquisitions for and maintenance of Bard College Berlin library stocks;
maintenance of electronic subscriptions and resources, in consultation with
Bard College Annandale library services; coordination of courier service to
the Staatsbibliothek Berlin; assistance in obtaining materials needed for
- Organization and provision of academic support and training events for
students in areas including writing, research techniques and use of
archival and electronic resources, study skills and time management;
- Other duties as necessary and appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Fluency in English; (near-) native German highly desirable;
- Previous experience in the higher education sector or in library or
- Experience with academic support services highly desirable;
- Teaching English as a Second Language Certification highly desirable.
The position is full-time.
Applications including CV, cover letter, and contacts of 2 references
should be sent to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with “Librarian” in the subject line
(email with pdf-attachments only). Review of applications will begin
immediately and the position is open until filled. Priority will be given
to applicants who can begin this month, though applicants who cannot begin
until January 2016 will also be considered.
Please direct your questions to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Bard College Berlin is an equal opportunity employer.
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.