[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Call for Papers: 13th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems (NKOS) at DL 2014
- Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:11:28 +0000
- From: "Mayr, Philipp" <Philipp.Mayr@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Call for Papers: 13th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems (NKOS) at DL 2014
Call for Presentations and demos
The 13th European NKOS workshop will take place on the afternoon of Thursday
Sept 11th and morning of Friday 12th as part of DL2014 (joint JCDL/TPDL
conferences) in London.
The full cfp can be found here:
Submission deadline: Monday 23rd June 2014
Notification of acceptance: Monday 14th July 2014
Proposals are invited for the following:
a) Presentations (typically 20 minutes plus discussion time, potentially longer
if warranted) on work related to the themes of the workshop (see below). An
option for a short 5 minute project report presentation is also possible.
b) Demos on work related to the themes of the workshop (see below).
Please email proposals (maximum 1000 words for presentations and 500 words for
demos, including aims, methods, main findings and underlying work, relevance to
themes of workshop) to Douglas Tudhope (douglas.tudhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).
Proposals will be peer-reviewed by the program committee. At least one
presentation author needs to register for the workshop by Monday 4th August
(this is a strict requirement).
Themes for the 13th NKOS workshop will be:
1) Mapping between Linked Data vocabularies.
This last year has seen a major growth in Linked Data publication of KOS. How
can we encourage and support quality linking between this vocabularies. How
should these mappings be described in metadata? What methods are appropriate
for creating mappings? We need discussion of practical initiatives to link
between congruent vocabularies and provide effective web services and APIs so
that applications can build upon them.
2) Meaningful Concept Display and Meaningful Visualization of KOS.
Visualization has been an important application domain for KOS and often a
driver for KOS use in Digital Libraries. Reports of innovative demonstrators,
implementation issues and evaluation studies with users are welcome.
3) Applications of KOS systems in relation to 'Big data' as natural language
processing and semantic analysis of content pose huge challenges. The workshop
can provide a venue for researchers of both big data and KOS to exchange ideas.
Further timely presentations/demonstrations will be selected from the following
topics in the CfP:
KOS applications are a regular and important part of NKOS workshops. Example
4) KOS-based recommender systems for suggestion of meaningful concepts.
5) KOS in e-Research metadata contexts - intersection between research data,
KOS, Semantic web.
6) Social tagging. What is the role of social tagging and informal knowledge
structures versus established KOS?
7) Users interaction with KOS in the online environment.
8) Quality issues in web-based KOS. Issues concerning large metadata sets.
9) KOS and learning. What is required to use KOS effectively to convey meaning,
to assist users to express their information needs to assist in sense making
10) Multilingual and Interdisciplinary KOS applications and tools.
11) Specific domains, such as environmental, medical, new application contexts,
In the name of all organizers.
Become a sowiport user! Register here:
Dr. Philipp Mayr
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Unter Sachsenhausen 6-8, D-50667 Köln, Germany
Tel: + 49 (0) 221 / 476 94 -533
New: sowiport search engine on VuFind
New: SSOAR fulltext repository on DSpace
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.