[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] CfP Workshop on Semantic Digital Archives
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:15:13 +0200
- From: "Steffen Hennicke" <hennicke@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] CfP Workshop on Semantic Digital Archives
Apologies for cross-posting.
Please forward to interested parties.
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Workshop on "Semantic Digital Archives - sustainable long-term
curation perspectives of Cultural Heritage"
to be held as part of the 15th International Conference on Theory and
Practice of Digital Libraries (TPDL).
29.09.2011 in Berlin
The Semantic Digital Archives Workshop aims at promoting and discussing
sophisticated knowledge representation and knowledge management solutions
specifically designed for improving Archival Information Systems.
Over the past couple of decades, digitally created content has come to
permeate all aspects of our lives and the life cycle of these objects is
increasingly exclusively digital. Therefore, sustainable long-term curation
perspectives for our digital cultural heritage are essential.
Digital content poses many socio-cultural and technological challenges which
create obstacles to long-term or indefinite preservation.
Changing technologies and shifting user communities as well as the
increasing complexity of digital content being enriched with software and
multimedia attachments are only a few examples. Dealing with these
challenges is the central theme of the workshop.
This full day workshop is an exciting opportunity for collaboration and
cross-fertilization between the Digital Libraries, the Digital Archives and
the Semantic Web community. It specifically encourages closer dialogue
between the technical oriented communities and researchers from the
(digital) humanities and social sciences as well as cultural heritage
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
We intend to have an open discussion on topics related to the general
subject of Semantic Digital Archives. The workshop's focus is broad; we
welcome contributions that focus on such topics as:
* ontologies and linked data for digital archives and digital libraries,
e.g. semantic extensions of common knowledge models of the digital archiving
and digital libraries domain, e.g. METS, EAD, Premis, ...
* ontologies and (semantic) web services implementing the OAIS standard
* theoretical and practical archiving frameworks extending or replacing the
* logical theories for digital archives
* implementations and evaluations of digital archives
* semantic or logical provenance models for digital archives or digital
* information integration/semantic ingest (e.g. from digital libraries)
* trust for ingest and data security/integrity check for long-term storage
of archival records
* semantic search and semantic information retrieval in digital archives and
* visualization and exploration of digital content (stored or to be stored
in a digital archive)
* semantic extensions of emulation/virtualization methodologies tailored for
* semantic long-term storage and hardware organization tailored for AIS
* (empirical) studies evaluating end-user needs and its evolution as well as
information seeking behaviour of end-user needs and its evolution
* knowledge evolution
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers related
to the aforementioned topics. We invite:
* regular papers (10 to 12 pages)
* short papers (4 to 6 pages)
All submissions are required to be in pdf format. All submissions should be
anonymous (i.e., no author names/affiliations and obvious citations). Long
and short paper submissions should be in the Springer's LNCS format.
Submissions are to be made via the submission web site:
Submissions will be reviewed by three members of the Program Committee. All
papers accepted at the Semantic Digital Archives Workshop must be presented
during the Workshop by a TPDL 2011 registered participant. Papers will be
published in workshop proceedings, which will be available as a separate
publication after the Workshop.
* Deadline for Submissions: 30 June 2011
* Acceptance Notification: 30. July 2011
* Camera-ready Papers: 20. August 2011
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE & PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
The Organizing Committee members and a preliminary list of Program Committee
members can be found at:
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.