[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] JOB - Junior Data Ingestion Specialist
- Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:21:22 +0100
- From: "Wibke Kolbmann" <wibke_kolbmann@xxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] JOB - Junior Data Ingestion Specialist
Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
ich moechte Sie auf eine Stellenausschreibung von Europeana aufmerksam
Junior Data Ingestion Specialist
Founded in 2007 by the European Commission, Europeana is well on the way to
becoming a leader in the field of semantic web implementation. Within a
challenging multi-national and multi-lingual data and user environment
Europeana.eu is a fast growing web portal connecting Europe's distributed
As a Junior Data Ingestion Specialist you will play a key role in this
exciting and creative environment working within a highly visible and
dynamic international project. We are building pan-European links to
research institutes, leading museums, libraries, archives and audio-visual
Europeana's home base is located in the centre of the Hague, hosted within
the Dutch Royal Library (Koninklijke Bibliotheek). We are an international,
enthusiastic, friendly and motivated team of 40 representing more than 15
* As part of the Data Ingestion Team you will effectively carry out
the data ingestion for Europeana and assure the functionality of the data
in the Europeana Portal supporting the Data Ingestion Manager. In this role
you will assist the Ingestion Team to achieve their goals.
* You will be responsible for the administration of datasets
provided to Europeana and for the harvesting, mapping and indexing for
* You will assist in creating statistics on datasets and reporting
for the EU commission.
* Another important part of this role is planning and updating
* You will be assisting in the development and maintenance of
documentation and guidelines.
Required skills and experience:
* Ideally you have a University degree or Higher Education level in
Information management, Library Science or a related field.
* It is also possible to apply for this temporary position as an
intern when you are studying in one off these fields or a related field.
* You will preferably have experience within the cultural sector
and/or library sector.
* Practical knowledge of working with metadata formats.
* You are able to work very accurately and precisely with an
excellent eye for detail.
* You are IT-literate and are a fast-learner when it comes to
picking up new software and new procedures.
* Good basic salary according to skills and experience
* 42 days holiday per year
* Annual bonus (around 8%)
* Central location 5 minutes walk from The Hague Central train
* Public transport travel costs paid
* Dynamic and creative international environment with travel
* Opportunity to really contribute to the success of this highly
visible EU Project.
If you apply for a traineeship you will get an internship allowance.
Please send your CV (in English or Dutch) with a covering letter outlining
what interests you about this position and your salary expectations to :
jobs.edlf [AT] kb.nl
Should you have any additional questions or information you require before
deciding whether to apply please send a mail to our Office Manager at
sifa.knaven-mitat [AT] kb.nl
The closing date of this job vacancy is 21 March 2011.
More about us:
Europeana inspires ideas and understanding by sharing Europe's cultural and
scientific heritage with the world online. Europeana.eu is a Thematic
Network funded by the European Commission under the eContentplus programme,
as part of the i2010 policy. The European Commission's goal for Europeana
is to make European information resources easier to use in an online
environment. It will build on Europe's rich heritage, combining
multicultural and multilingual environments with technological advances and
new business models.
Europeana founded in 2007 as The EDL Foundation (now Europeana Foundation)
is a dynamic organisation responsible for Europeana v1.0 and related
projects. We are an enthusiastic and international team, based at the
Koninklijke Bibliotheek (Royal Library) of the Netherlands in The Hague.
More information about Europeana can be found on the About Us pages.
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Data Ingestion Specialist and Deputy Ingestion Manager
NEU: FreePhone - kostenlos mobil telefonieren und surfen!
Jetzt informieren: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freephone
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.