[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
international, modular digital library course in the Netherlands
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:36:50 +0200
- From: "Jola Prinsen" <jola.prinsen@xxxxxx>
- Subject: international, modular digital library course in the Netherlands
This message is posted on several lists.
My appologies for any duplication.
Digital Libraries à la Carte: Choices for the Future
Modular, International Digital Library Course
Tilburg University, The Netherlands, 21-26 August 2005
The International Ticer School (known for its former International
Summer School on the Digital Library) offers a brand new, modular
course for librarians and publishers: "Digital Libraries à la Carte:
Choices for the Future". The course will be held at Tilburg
University, the Netherlands, 21-26 August 2005.
>From its ?menu? of five one-day modules, you can pick your choice:
· trends and strategic issues (including Google's plans)
· technological developments, relevant to libraries (including
blogs, wikis, mobile technology, and access management)
· consortia and licensing
· Open Access and institutional repositories
· the role of libraries in teaching and learning
Top speakers will present their views. Below is a selection.
· Marissa Mayer is Director, Consumer Web Products at Google
· Derk Haank is CEO of Springer and former CEO of Elsevier
· Peter Suber is among the most cited authors on Open Access
· Jenny Levine?s blog (theshiftedlibrarian.com) is read by thousands
· Carol Tenopir has published over 200 journal articles and is
· Deb deBruijn closed the worldwide biggest consortium deal (over
50 million dollar)
· Gerry McKiernan is the compiler of several known Web registries
· Steven Gilbert is president of The TLT Group and an expert on
· Pat Maughan transforms the undergraduate curriculum at the
prestigious UC Berkeley to include information literacy training
To guarantee a highly interactive programme, the number of
participants is limited to 45 per module, lectures contain an
interactive component, and two modules are concluded with a
practical workshop. The course is recommended by JISC, the DARE
project, and SURF Diensten.
The course website can be found at www.ticer.nl/05carte/. On the
website you can find the full programme, the complete list of 20
lecturers with short bios, abstracts of most presentations and
practical information about course fee and registration.
If you register before 1 June 2005, you will get a ?150 discount.
Do you want a quick update in just one to five days?
Then Tilburg is the place to be this summer!
Ms Jola Prinsen
Course Manager Ticer B.V.
P.O. Box 4191
5004 JD Tilburg
tel. +31 13 466 8310
fax +31 13 466 8383
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.